Friday, February 8, 2013

Adam and Dog, full version

The Academy Award-nominated animated short "Adam and Dog" has been released in its full 15-minute run time on YouTube.


(Direct link to YouTube video) The director, Minkyu Lee says, "This is a short film that me and a group of my close friends made. It was put together by artists who work at various studios, including Disney Feature, Dreamworks and Pixar; The animation is done by myself, Jennifer Hager, James Baxter, Mario Furmanczyk, Austin Madison, and Matt Williames. Glen Keane also helped by being a consultant on the film, and also doing some visual development. It is a completely independent film without any major studio involvement. We are really excited for people to see it, and wanted to share.”

8 comments:

Don Ketchek said...

Absolutely wonderful in all aspects - animation, backgrounds, color, mood, direction, etc. The animation of the dog is so true to life! A winner!

Belinda said...

It is so beautiful both visually and emotionally...it captures the essence of dogs completely.

Joanne Roberts said...

Thanks for posting this link. I've been looking all over for the full version.

Rich said...

Paradisal:-)

What a fine observation and animated rendering of a dog's expression and movements.

Michael Pianta said...

Unbelievably good in every way. Just... this has to win.

Sam G said...

I'll be rooting for this on Oscar night. Very touching. I'm gonna hug my dogs when I get home. Loyal and lovable....man's best friend.

Eugene Arenhaus said...

Pure zen. I usually expect this level of art from the best achievements in Japanese animation, not Western style. All done with hint and suggestion, empty space rather than action, meditative timing.

It is wonderful to see how fresh the feel of loose concept art stays in this short film. This is the utmost in the immediacy of transfer to screen, in everything from the background art to simplification of form and animation. Somewhere, the spirits of Frank and Ollie are laughing softly with joy.

Rachel Kimberly said...

(the video didn't play for me, but I found it elsewhere on Youtube)

This film is so beautiful. It drew me in so fully that I realized partway through that I was holding my breath.

I love both this one and Paperman. I think it is pretty cool that an independent film like this holds its own with films that were produced at companies like Disney where there are scores or even hundreds of people working on them.