Sunday, July 28, 2013

Miniature figures

If you ever need small figures to populate a reference miniature or architectural maquette, you can find these sets of unpainted plastic figures from a model railroad supplier. They're shown here next to a raccoon skull and a mouse skull and an inch ruler for comparison. Typically the poses are standing and sitting.


They generally come in white unpainted plastic or painted. You can get them in sets, where the cost averages about a dollar each. They are scaled to all the standard model railroad sizes, such as HO, S, O, etc.

I found the unpainted ones in Great Britain, but you can also get them on Amazon: HO People

6 comments:

elgin said...

Walthers model railroad supply has a very wide variety of these on line for about the cheapest price available.

K_tigress said...

Oo wonderful. Didn't really think about that. Thanks for sharing. Could have used these when I was working on site for an inflatable company. But I can still use these for my own uses. Wonder if they have farm animals? I would use those for something else but it depends on if they fit my other needs for display?
Hummmmm......

Kevin said...

@K_tigress: Search for "HO farm animals" on Amazon gives quite a variety. People like pastoral landscapes for their trains to go through.

Tom Hart said...

Of all the many tips I get from Gurney Journey, this is one of the coolest and most unexpectedly useful. When I was a kid, HO scale figures were easy to find at the local toy and hobby shop. But I gather from the post that they're a bit harder to find these days (?).

James Gurney said...

Thanks to Elgin for mentioning Walter's. Tom, they're not too hard to find online: http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/150-793

Marjoke said...

Yeah, they're great, those miniature figures! Have you ever checked this blog http://little-people.blogspot.com/ It's one of my favorites!